Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Buah kurma

Pheww I finally did it.

The buah kurma had been sitting in my car for three days. Two boxes of 20 kgs buah kurma. Today I finally sedekah them to one rumah anak yatim near my home. Been wanting to do that for a long time.

When one of the rumah anak yatim I've been eyeing for was no longer around I went to one near my office. When I reached there, I was stunned.

"Alamak besar nye rumah anak yatim ni. Tak cukup ni. Buah kurma 20 kilo aje."

Called up my friend and she said there's one near my home. I thought that was the one I was eyeing for? There's one near the sekolah, she said.

So this morning I finally sent the buah kurma as my ramadhan sedekah for this year. Since I've been a bad boy I hope that would score me extra points :-)

A nice girl greeted me there. She seems to be in-charge today. It breaks my heart everytime I see anak yatim. The house is well-kept. It wasn't big nor small. Two other young girls came to help me carry the buah kurma. The girl-in-charge gave me a log-book to record my sedekah. Gave some money to her and before I left she flashed a sparkling smile,

"Terima kasih bang."

Felt relieved and sad. Especially when I think of the anak yatim there. Imagine celebrating Ramadhan and Hari Raya without your family and loved ones.

I hope when I'm a rich towkay one day, I can open a rumah anak yatim. Would be good if my rumah anak yatim is of mixed races and religions. I want to teach the young kids that bigotry, in any religion, is wrong.

Maybe having one rumah anak yatim of mixed races and religions would invite controversy. Maybe that Kongsi-Raya-Is-Haram Mufti would issue another one of his twisted fatwa that having anak-anak yatim of different races and religions under the same roof is haram.

If that happens, I would say, "Go fuck yourself ustaz!"




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home