Thursday, November 16, 2006

Razak Baginda



He's been charged today
with abetting the murder of Mongolian beauty Altantuya Shaariibuu.

But I find this disturbing:


SHAH ALAM: Counsel for the two policemen charged with Altantuya Shaariibuu’s murder had a long list of grievances against the police.


"How do you expect me to defend my clients when I cannot meet them?" Shaun Tan Kee Shaan said.

Claiming that police had not been transparent in their investigations, Tan questioned their motive for keeping him away from his clients.


"What is there to hide?" he asked. "I was only given five minutes to see them, and that too, after they were charged." [NST, 16/11/2006]

Lawyer for Razak faces the same problem.

Tan’s grievances are similar to that of Datuk Muhammad Shafee Abdullah, who is representing a political analyst who has been remanded in connection with the case.


Shafee had also complained that police had not given him access to his client.


Tan said he was waiting at the Kuala Lumpur courts since 9am yesterday and was not informed that his clients would be charged in Shah Alam.


"Neither the police nor the DPP informed me. I was told by a reporter!


"I have handled other cases in the past, but this is the first time I am having so much problems with the police." [NST, 16/11/2006]


Why?

I smell a fish and a rat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home