Saturday, December 02, 2006

Dang Wangi I

I reached Dataran Merdeka at about 4.00 pm. The crowd were more than 2,000 already. And the numbers were swelling. Everybody was waiting for someone to start the "party". I and my brother wandered around watching the crowd. Saw my buddy and we talked and updated each other on the latest political situation.

Then we heard the now familiar battle cry of "Re-for-ma-si!"

Yes, the party has begun. I went straight to the thick of the action. While we were holding up a banner and chanting Re-for-ma-si! the crowd surged forward. We were joined by more people which among them were the Special Branch (SB) and the press. Cameras were clicking away. Apart from TV crew there were also people with handycams which I believe were the SB.

One guy who was too vocal and seemed like he was possessed was quickly detained by the cops. They threw him inside a white Proton Wira and drove on, his fate unknown.

And the battle cry grew louder and louder.

All roads leading to Dataran Merdeka were
now closed . The demo had spilled over to the middle of the streets. I could see the FRU with their water cannon facing us. We formed a human barricade. As we were about to march towards the FRU, someone shouted,

"Hoi, pusing belakang!"

We were confused. Something was amiss. "The police will move in soon," I thought.

As I was about to turn, someone grabbed my hands from behind.

"Polis!"

I knew I was being arrested. While I was being dragged to the mobile police beat (it's a bus actually but the interior is like an office) I told the cop who held me, "Rilek brader, rilek."

I thought he would "relax". I was wrong.

Once in the bus, he threw me on the floor and started kicking and punching me while cursing at the same time.

"Pengkhianat kau! Malu kan negara aje!"

(Err...polis pukul orang tak malukan negara ke brader?)

"Aku penat Commonwealth tak abis lagi ni"

(Ohh...he was on duty during the Commonwealth Games at that time. Kalau penat berehat kat rumah lah brader. Kejar-kejar orang buat pe. Bukan dapat gold medal pun...)

Punch punch. Kick kick.

I tried to ward off his attack using my hands. That made him angrier. He gave me one really hard kick on the side of my body and then stepped on my ribs. Luckily he didn't break 'em tho he was wearing boots that could kill a dog.

He then took my IC and gave it to his superior.

More comrades joined me in the bus. Some were handcuffed.

Saw a young chap sitting on the floor, his hands handcuffed.

The cop shouted at him,

"Kau ni budak UIA kan? Ni mesti korang punya keje!"

Another chap was thrown into the bus, crying. The cops laughed at him.

We were later transferred to the police truck aka the Black Maria. Our next destination would be the police HQ (IPK) where we would be processed.

There were two trucks in the middle of the road. Both were jam-packed. The other truck was like a packed sardine.

As we waited inside the truck one high-ranking cop wielded something-that-looks-like-a-big-shaver. That big "shaver" can give you a not-so-nice-electric-shock.

"Siapa bising-bising lagi, nampak ni?!"

Bzzzzt....bzzzzzt...!

His "shaver" kuar api wohhh!

[To be continued...]






3 Comments:

Blogger Yang bernama Siti said...

Man,
Bilo nak sambung cerito ni?

3:38 PM  
Blogger aman said...

siti: bilo internet den tak buek hal

2:07 PM  
Blogger shah07 said...

haiii
jalan putra banyak nya mat indon siap gaduh lagi pakai botol kaca
tuan tolong pantau takut saya tengok..........?

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home