Monday, August 28, 2006

Kenduri & karaoke

Went to my cousin's son's wedding last Saturday. One thing about weddings in my kampung is that they must have a DJ and a karaoke set.

"Sesape yang nak nyanyi tu boleh datang ke khemah pilih lagu ye."

Hello, ni kenduri kahwin lah bukan kelab karaoke. I just don't get it, these people. Thank God nobody accepted the offer while I was there.

Another thing they like to do is play the music loud. Really LOUD. You can't even chat with the person beside you. I could see two old men shouting at each other just to make themselves heard. And that two old men already had "sound problem".

Saw mostly the same faces at the wedding. No hot babes. Only out-of-shape wives and moms of other people. Very few young girls. Kalau ade pun tak cun.

The mak andam is young though. She looks quite cute. I hope she's a she. And the bride has quite a nice body. For now, at least.

Weddings make me feel old. The young ones would call me Tok. The younger than young would call me Nyang. I shudder to think what their offspring would call me.

This time around I thought I could escape from the 22,222 ringgit question.

Until the pengantin made their grand entrance.

"Ko bilo laei Man?"

One cousin shouted at me amidst the blaring music.

I pretended I couldn't hear.

"Aaa? Tak dongar?"

She stopped asking.

I realise that I don't get that sort of question very often these days. Maybe they've given up hope on me. Or maybe they got tired of asking.

Sometimes I just give a cheeky answer. During one Raya, a cousin asked the same question. I answered,

"Esok pagi."

1 Comments:

Blogger zaida Ismail said...

Hem... tu namanya soalan cepu emas.. Dulu selalu gak orang tanya bila nak kawin i cakap tahun depan so they stop asking me dah hehehehe..

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home